Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Corbel [kawr-buhl]:

CORBEL: A new word to me!  You know the old houses when people describe the ginger bread” or the decorative support structures in kitchen islands/bars.  That is a corbel.  I found the idea from Sarah Richardson to use a corbel as a decorative detail in my dining room and I love it!  I found mine on e-bay from a 1800’s house in Pennsylvania.  All it needed was a little sanding and a fresh coat of paint and it looks great!  Up close you can still see the details of how old it really is; a great piece of American history in my house!

4 comments:

  1. Brit!!! Absolutely love your blog and ALL your ideas. Looks like you have become my new inspiration. :) So glad Travis found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! where did you put it in your house? I cant tell which pic is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha nevermind, i just saw that it is labeled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....seriously Brittney...I had no idea you had this decorative talent!!! I just LOVE your blog! You're taste is exactly like mine and I also love Candice Olsen :). Keep up the amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete