Monday, August 22, 2011

DIY: Kitchen Island Re-do


Since we bought our house my husband and I have dreamed about remodeling the kitchen . . it has been 3 years and we finally got started!  We decided to first do the island.  But before we go into the project that we worked so hard on last week let me show you some inspirations on what I want to turn my kitchen into:  (check out my pinterest for more . .)


Lets turn back the clock and see the kitchen that I despised so much . .

Honestly . . Terracotta Orange and Green laminate . . was that Ever in style?!? Well then I found countertop paint and went crazy painting for a quick and inexpensive fix.

Now is when we get into the exciting part . . we are attempting to paint all of our cabinets!  Just painting the island was a huge enough project . . but it will be so worth!  We are so excited for what is to come in the kitchen so stay tuned.  But take a look at how we transformed our island:

All we did was new trim work, paint, hardward, and a new walnut butcher block countertop with a midnight stain.  I just love it. . mostly because we added a little bar and about 1/3 more counter space! Here is the finished product.  My sister said it looked like a sleigh ride . . tell me what you think!?!



Here are some other views:

I hope you are inspired . . and a sigh of relief from me . . another fabulous project done!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you guys were able to tackle this project. It looks really great - good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittney. I just read about your makeover on Traci's blog. Great job! I'm your newest follower now and I'm looking forward to becoming friends. I'm gonna peek around awhile. Have a fun weekend. Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing transformation! I love the contrast and architectural details. Can't wait to see the cabinets once they're painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. and NEED to do it to my island!

    ReplyDelete