Saturday, January 7, 2012

Framed Vinyl

Here is another simple project I did over the holidays.  Now this is the ugliest room in the house. . where all of the un-liked furniture goes . . and where I make my messes.  This one day will be the nursery.  (don't ask when we are going to have kids please we get that too often from the elders) So I don't want to paint or spend much money fixing it up.  But since it is where I do my crafts I like it to look somewhat decent.


I had some vinyl cut from Janey-mac.com and designed it to display my business name.  Adhered it to the wall then added some nifty decorative push pins from Michael's to add more interest.

Then I framed it out with crown molding I picked up from Home Depot.  Take a look:



I also picked up some jewelry chain to hang from a unique hook (found at the fancy farm girls sale) on the wall.



I like how adding the frame made the vinyl appear much larger. I thought about taking some more empty frames and turning this wall into a gallery.  Kind of like this:


Now I need to hit all the second hand stores for some unique frames!
enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I looks great! I think adding the frame to the vinyl made it look fabulous:) Love the wall galleries of frames too. I want to try that someday:) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete