Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Exterior


I am excited to share with you the face lift that we had on the outside of our house.  First off choosing paint colors was a little harder than I would have thought, mostly when choosing the white.  So my first tip is get lots of samples and paint them in different places around the house where you can see it in each light.  

Here are the colors that I chose for our home:


Sherwin Williams:
Dark Gray- Gauntlet Gray 7019
Light Gray- Mindful gray 7016
White Trim- Greek Villa 7551
Blue Door- Tempest Star 6229

First we had our rock re faced:



Then the painting:

BEFORE



AFTER:


In addition to the paint here is the break down of what else I did to spruce up the exterior:

Vinyl Lettering for the door and mailbox from Janey Mac




New Pillows for the Porch.  I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby and just made a pillow cover for some outdoor pillows I picked up at Wal-mart for about $8.



Fresh New plants for my pots




I picked up Carriage Door Hardware at Home Depot for about $20 to spruce up the garage.




I hope this inspires you to give your outdoors a new fresh look, whether its new paint or just some fresh flowers!

15 comments:

  1. You have really come up with some clever ideas about ways to spruce up the exterior of your home. I, too, am facing chosing a color scheme for the outside of my home this year. I am dreading the process more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit!!! Your amazing!!! I absolutely love everything you have done to your home. I need you to help me!!! Miss and love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send over pics of your cute home I would love to see it! miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittany! I absolutely love your remodels!!!! You are so talented! I havent seen or talked to you in a while but I think about you often. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I wish I lived closer so I could have you treat my other problem areas. Well good luck with your delivery...I will keep you in my prayers.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie! So good to hear from you! When ever you are in Boise I would love to get together with you!! How is life for you? I have 7 weeks til the baby boy comes we are so excited! Thanks for looking at my blog! miss ya!

      Delete
  5. Where did you get the pots for your plants? I know I am a year later but I thought I would still ask? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the paint you're using flat, satin, or semi-gloss?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very nice. Good to know. Thanks for sharing with us
    Buy Flats for sale at Choolaimedu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these wonderful images.You could refer the happy homes blog for more home exterior design inspiration and guidance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is beautiful. I think by taking your time to find the right colors paid off. All your choices are like out of a magazine. But I must say better. This is a house that screams welcome. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need you to help me!!! Miss and love you.
    Many thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi did you repaint the garage door? Or is that the original color?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely. I too, am struggling with this project right now.
    You may also have been able to keep everything the same, but repeat the sage on the garage door, and trim the garage windows in white/almond...same colors on your dormer.
    But the greys are very trendy now, and that French blue on the door is perfect. These colors are exactly what I'm thinking of doing and I love being able to see this in a pic.
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello. Your colors are beautiful! What is the paint name / brand of the front door?

    ReplyDelete