Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easy Nursery Art

My nursery is coming along and I cannot wait until the reveal! Just waiting on some last minute pieces . . . but in the mean time I would like to share with you some of the smaller projects that have kept me just as busy.

In my inspiration for the baby's room I had chosen some vintage storybook artwork that I saw at Restoration Hardware.  Knowing that this was something I was going to re-create, I had been thinking up a cute and cheaper alternative.  Well, this is what I came up with:


First, I went online and found some black and white silhouettes of animals that i liked:







Then using Microsoft Word I re-colored the images.  Just go into "format picture" and then click on re-color . . it will give you a bunch of color options. Here is an example:


Next, I chose a vintage book and used the book pages as the backing for the artwork.  Just set up your printer to have them print where you would like.


Then I chose a font that I could make a pattern from for the fabric letter. I found the frames at Target for about $12 each.

Here is what a finished frame looks like:


And in the room here is how it looks with all the animal artwork:



Using the same idea I also created some artwork in what is going to be the baby's bathroom:



Enjoy! I hope this inspires you!

No comments:

Post a Comment